We're excited to announce our new UE4 Multiplayer Third Person Shooter Blueprints, with a FREE Playable Demo!
New Version: MP_TPS_Template_170707
***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ***
- All Multi-players must be using the same version 170707.EXE
- Different versions are not compatible with one another! For Multiplayer, please make sure all participants have the same current version 170707 download.
- Weapons tweaks, added pickups and accessible areas, environment tweaks to keep players falling out of the map.
Complete Playable Demo Game of the Test Level included in the full UE4 Blueprint Project.
You and up to eight players can explore the huge environment for hidden power ups, some platforming and surprises. Take a stroll down W. Keystone Rd and visit Porcupine Ct. All while fragging each other with six different Main Weapons and a Pistol. Shoot some annoying Zombies standing around or having a fashion show, or any innocent bystanders for that matter. Or just go nuts Death Match style.
For Internet Play:
○ Run the MP_TPS_Template.exe (For solo game as well)
○ Must have Steam running in the background.
○ Steam>Settings>Downloads>Download Region - Typically must be set to the same City.
○ Anyone can Host a Game/Server. HOWEVER, the power/speed and internet connection of the Host can definitely adversely affect player experience/lag etc. - as usual in MP games.
○ Demo limited to 8 players - for above reasons.
○ Can play over LAN as well.
A quick walkthrough of the Playable Demo Level:
John explores the Test Map discovering a few surprises, and describes some features of the Blueprints:
FULL UE4 EDITOR PROJECT DETAILS:
Network Replicating Multiplayer 3rd Person Shooter
Master Blueprints for all Assets
UE4 SK_Mannequin and Motus Man 3D Characters
Weapon and Projectile system
Character Animations & Controls
A comprehensive set of Blueprints for a third person shooter with network replication for multiplayer support. A modular system and great starting point to create your own game, with many custom animations and audio. Our MotusMan skeletal mesh is used for NPCs and include several demo animations from our other Mocap Online Animation Packs.
Weapon Blueprint Details:
- Master Weapon Blueprint can create Child Blueprints from 5 different type firing modes in Hitscan or Projectile variants.
- Firing modes include:
- Single Fire
- Auto Fire
- Burst Fire
- Multi-Fire (shotgun type weapons)
- Stream fire (continuous beam weapons)
- Weapons also deal random damage by setting a min and max damage, including a critical damage multiplier that can be set for increasing head shot damage.
- Master Projectile Blueprint that can create Child Blueprints of various types of projectiles, including bullet or explosives with area of effect damage.
Tutorial Videos Here:
Weapons System Tutorials
Overall Project Features
- Project is done with 100% Blueprints.
- Player animations all in-place, non-root motion.
- Elements from the Free - "Shooter Game" and starter content © Epic Games - including audio cues/.wav's, materials, textures, objects - are included and used as examples.
- Custom audio and objects also included and implemented.
- 178 Rifle and Pistol Animations and 32 Aim Offsets, many custom to this pack only.
- 42 MotusMan MocapOnline demo animations.
- Full movement in eight directions. Crouch, Walk, Jog, Sprint
- Relaxed and Shooting aim offsets.
- Master Health and Ammo Pickups that can create Child Blueprints set to different amounts and respawn times.
- Master Weapon Station that stores up to 5 weapons that can be changed during a match by interacting with it.
- Random respawn that selects at random any player start in the level to respawn a player after death.
- Basic Network Setup for playing through LAN or via Steam.
- WeaponSocket is attached to “hand-r-wep” and is for animated attachment of the Rifle. “hand-r-wep” creates the correct Rifle position always.
- RifleHolsterSocket and PistolHolsterSocket for Rifle and Pistol body attachment.
- All Player animations are on the UE4 template skeleton with IK bones.
- NPC animations are on the MotusMan skeletal mesh.
- Keyboard controls are listed in: .../Content/Source/MP_TPS_Template_Controls_README.txt